What I learned about myself this week:
1) I don’t trust people.
2) I don’t think people like me or would like me if they knew the real me.
3) I’m afraid of getting hurt.
4) I want to be to close to people, but I’m also scared to be.
5) I’m very lonely but I can’t decide if I should try to find someone to be with or not.
6) I have doubts. A relationship would be a lot of work, and I like my freedom. But I also miss human companionship, the physical things like hugs and kisses.
7) I can’t remember what it feels like to be in love. Maybe, I’ve never been in love.
8) I can’t remember what happiness feels like.
9) And then, I remember London.
10) I remember my first love. The one who got away because I was scared and nervous and afraid I would mess up. I was afraid he wouldn’t like me or he would end up breaking up with me or he would make fun of me or laugh at me and it would all hurt. All these teenage fears of being humiliated and rejected.
11) I think maybe I still have them today.